Monday, December 27, 2010

A Walker Christmas!

Christmas Eve started out.... at Annie and John's beautiful cabin in Timber Lakes. It was so good to spend time with family. Addie went out to play in the snow, I am a wimp and stayed in the warm cabin. Kurt and Tom took the girls sledding and went down a looong hill. The sled escaped onto the ice and Tom had to scoot out onto the ice to retrieve it. Then they had to climb up the hill carrying a couple of 3 year olds. Luckily all made it up the hill safely. Thanks for a really fun time Annie and John!

After making it safely through the sledding incident, we were "safe at home having a Christmas Eve dinner party with my family. Addie was having a little too much fun playing and ended up falling very hard right on her elbow. We ended up at the hospital and this little gal spent Christmas Eve in the OR. This year she has been so excited about Santa coming (we had our cookie plate ready two days early complete with a carrot for Rudolph). When I asked her if she thought she had been good enough for Santa to bring her presents she said "You bet I have" so cute. I was so sad that she was not going to be home but I told her Santa brought extra presents to such brave little girls. She really was so brave and has been so tough about the whole thing.
Santa really does see you when your sleeping and he found Addie in the hospital, this was waiting in her room when we woke up, he was very sneaky I did not even hear him!
Santa also came to our house, ate our treats, and left Addie more Christmas presents.


I was so sad for Addie having to try to play with Christmas presents one handed. She has been such a good girl I can't believe it. We have spent the last few days at home playing together and I have really enjoyed the time with her. Not the ideal Christmas but I am grateful to have such wonderful family and friends around to celebrate with. I am also thankful for my Savior at this time of year. Brandon and my Dad gave Addie a blessing in the ER that night and I was especially grateful for the comfort of my Savior and Heavenly Father this Christmas!

1 comment:

Kensie said...

OH my goodness, so so so sad. I feel horrible I did not know. I hope she is ok and we really want to see you this week. Love ya